Company Name: Teachanywhere
Location: Chengdu, China
Early Years Teacher
Start Date: August 2019
Location: Chengdu, China
Region: Far East and South East Asia
Curriculum: UK curriculum
Experience: 2+ years
Salary: from 17,000 RMB to 25,000 RMB after tax per month
Sponsorship: Single or Married teachers with children
Contract: 2 years
School overview: This boarding school opened in September 2015 and is very closely affiliated to a highly prestigious UK boarding school, founded in 1865 with an excellent reputation. The school is rapidly expanding with a full potential capacity for 2000 students from KG – 18 years. A British based curriculum allows students to study IGCSEs and A-levels with many students working towards applications for overseas university careers. The school strives to be the leading boarding and day school of the region, and seeks to develop happy, balanced individuals capable of achieving personal fulfillment at university, at work and in society at large. Whilst a strong focus is on academics, the broad curriculum is complemented by an extensive sporting, musical, artistic and drama program. Together with a strong emphasis on pastoral care, they believe these cocurricular activities give pupils the opportunity to maximize their potential.
The school is situated next to the Botanic Gardens in the North of Chengdu, with a campus area of 100,000 sqm and 65% green coverage. Teaching buildings are specially designed for interactive learning and feature multi-media classrooms, language and science laboratories, all equipped with the latest educational technology. The facilities in the campus include an outdoor amphitheater, a café, mini-golf course and basketball courts providing a beautiful learning environment for pupils.
Location Overview: Come face to face to with the enigmatic and critically endangered giant panda in Southwest China’s hub, Chengdu. The city is famous for its expansive panda breeding center where visitors can get up close and personal with these symbolic creatures. If cute and cuddly bears are not enough of a draw, the region of Sichuan is home to its very own distinctive and delicious cuisine, filled with bold flavors thanks to an abundance of chilies and peppercorns. Chengdu has a reputation for possessing a care-free lifestyle, and many find the city hard to leave. Teahouse culture is central to Chengdu, and there are more teahouses and bars to be found here than in Shanghai, despite having less than half of the population. Moreover, you can take the opportunity to play Mahjong and really become one of the locals, as the game is played almost everywhere by all walks of life.
• Applicants must have 2+ years teaching experience.
• UK curriculum experience is highly desirable but not essential.
• As with any new and expanding school, you should be a teacher who is prepared to be flexible and adaptable and open to the developing nature of a new school environment and possesses the resilience this can require.
• You should be sensitive to cultural differences and work well under pressure.
• A willingness to contribute to all areas of school life is essential – given the boarding nature of the environment.
• Previous international teaching experience is desirable.
• Salary from 17,000 RMB to 25,000 RMB after tax per month
• On site accommodation is provided or an attractive allowance if off site preferred.
• Annual flights
• Medical cover
• Relocation allowance
• Tuition for up to 2 dependents.