Meihua School is a private boarding school in the city of
Kunshan. Meihua educators exhibit a constant working
understanding of the core values as an American system
school. It delivers a balanced academic environment and
community integrated objectives. Working collaboratively,
we engage in active, inquiry-based, and reflective teaching.
We are seeking people who are interested in being
educators in China and being passionate on facilitating
Chinese students to broaden their horizons as well as
improving the critical thinking ability.
The High School English Literature Teacher provides
learning experiences in English, guided by the School
curriculum, standards and requirements; develops in each
student skills of listening, speaking, reading, and writing
that are fundamental to good communication and literate
citizenship; develops appreciation of good literature of all
types; motivates students to read widely for information
and recreation; develops standards for critical judgment of
written and oral communications transmitted by mass
media; and discovers and develops special talents of
students in the field of English.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provides learning experiences in English, guided by the
School curriculum, standards and requirements, while
creating an environment that is conducive to student
learning and involvement. Monitors students’
understanding of the curriculum effectively and adjusts
instruction, materials, or assessments when appropriate;
• Evaluates, tries innovative approaches, and refines
instructional strategies, including the effective use of
technologies available to teachers, to increase student
learning, involvement, and confidence to learn;
• Demonstrates appreciation for and sensitivity to, the
diversity among individuals and strives to ensure
equitable opportunities for student learning;
• Write reports on students with clear formative comments
and targets as to how to improve work by defined
deadlines given, and provide regular estimated grades
and feedback on assessments.
• Maintain current lesson plans, assessment data (i.e.,
grades), and attendance records using a defined schoolsanctioned electronic interface
• Maintains and improves professional competence through
attendance at professional development events, and by
self-generated activities that meet school expectations;
• Complete administrative tasks as define and by set
• Provide work for study hall when a student has not
completed assignments, notify Department Chair or
relevant staff, and ensure work is graded promptly.
• Develop materials and resources, implement, support
and/or lead in the production and improvement of
curriculum planning as appropriate, and undertake other
academic project work as directed.
• Ensure lessons are in line with planning and their
respective objectives, and that segments of lessons are
shared with students, as appropriate.
• Provide feedback on materials, courses, and lessons to
academic and other managers/colleagues as requested.
• Attend academic, departmental, and school meetings
when required, and attend/deliver professional
development sessions as directed.
• Satisfy extracurricular commitments as defined annually.
• Supervise and accompany students on excursions, as
appropriate, ensuring their safety and welfare at all times.
• Other duties, as assigned.
Our Location: Meihua School, 233 Zhendian Road,
Kunshan, Suzhou City, Jiangsu Province
Our Website: uiachina.com
Start Date: 20 Aug 2019. All staff are required to report to
school before this date for settling and training.
Contract length: 11-Month
Monthly Salary: CN¥18000 – CN¥24000 ($2600-$3500)
Housing: Provided on-campus or off-campus.
Flight Allowance: Up to CN8000
Sponsored legal work permit
During your interview, we will be happy to go into more
details about the specifics of the position
Qualification and Requirement
At least 1 year experience
• Native English speakers from the United States, United
Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand (To
meet China work visa regulations)
• TEFL,TESOL or CELTA certificate holder is preferred
• Enjoy being with kids & teens and passionate about
• Plan to live in China for at least 1 year